5 Dos and Don’ts For Celebrating Halloween in the Office
Halloween is kind of a half holiday. It really is a religious/cultural holiday that people celebrate all over the world, but not everyone celebrates it the same way. It’s not like Christmas though where people take the day off, so there have to be some rules if you’re going to celebrate at the office.
Here are some Dos and Don’ts from U.S.News & World Report that we found on Yahoo.com.
- Top 5 Dos:
- 1. Dress up
- 2. Dress up if you’re a boss. Studies show employees like when their bosses do this
- 3. Have food. Workers like some sort of treat at the office
- 4. Ask early if you can leave to go trick-or-treating with your kids
- 5. Even if you have a busy day planned, take time to share in some candy corn and conversation that revolves around the spirit of the day.
- Top 5 Don’ts:
- 1. Dress inappropriately
- 2. Assume you can leave early to go trick-or-treating
- 3. Celebrate Halloween by playing games in the office
- 4. Forget to actually do your job
- 5. Be a Scrooge and be miserable about the holiday. Enjoy the festivities with your co-workers