5 Movies to Help With Cabin Fever
March has certainly come in like a lion it feels more like January than it does March. Just few more weeks of winter says the calendar, but here in Buffalo we know the last few weeks could pack a cold punch. Snow is the forecast too, what to do to beat the cabin fever? Hunkering down watching inspirational movies that will give you a good cry and big laughs.
I have a few go to movies that usually help beat the blues. Here are 5 that I suggest to help with cabin fever. In no particular order
- Terms of Endearment - I can't count how many times I've watched this movie over the years. It's been about 10 since I watched it last, this one is a tearjerker but it has points of hilarity and the cast of course is one of the best ensembles ever. Shirley MacLaine, Jack Nicholson, Debra Winger, John Lithgow and Jeff Daniels. All just brillant - Follows hard-to-please Aurora looking for love, and her daughter's family problems. https://youtu.be/FjLFMTIDkIM
- Steal Magnolias - Shirley MacLaine happens to be in this one too. The film stars Sally Field, Julie Roberts, Dolly Parton, Olympia Dukakis another fabulous cast. A group of women share a close bond of friendship, hardship and more. This movie is one I always seem to watch around Easter. https://youtu.be/v2IGgZgWj0k
- Under the Tuscan Sun - Diane Lane stars as a recently divorced writer who buys a villa in Tuscany on a whim, hoping it will lead to a change in her. This movie makes you believe that you could up root your life, move far away and be happier than ever. I would be scared to do this in real life, so living vicariously through this character is the next best thing.
- Down and Out in Beverly Hills - Okay this one is dated, but it still holds up in my opinion. Bette Midler, Nick Nolte, and Richard Dreyfuss star in this quirky film about a suicidal hobo who attempts to drown himself in a wealthy families swimming pool, who end up welcoming him in their family, which turns the family upside down. https://youtu.be/UlFfz127OPs
- Always - Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman are in this one. A reckless fire-fighting pilot who is killed in what was to have been his final mission. His girlfriend and best friend then have to figure out a way to live life without him, but it's hard to do when he's watching over their every move. https://youtu.be/dxMZnKm-kAw