6 New Things Getting Taxed in 2018 in New York [LIST]
This man loves taxes.
New York State is by far the state with the highest tax burden in the United States at 12.94%. Governor Cuomo is looking for $1 billion more in taxes coming this year--and we all know where who ends up paying for it in the end.
The tax payer; the consumer; us.
Here's what's to expect taxes on:
- 14% surcharge on health care insurance profits.
- Ebay, Amazon Marketplace and anywhere where third party buyers are involved online.
- Impose taxes on cigars
- Impose E-Cigarettes and vapes only to distributors
- New $120 inspection fee for motor coaches and limos for NYS registration
- Major taxes for Insurance companies changing not-for-profit companies converting to for-profit companies.