A Golf Shot From One Continent To Another
Tiger Woods, the world’s number one golfer, has claimed something no other golfer can claim. He hit a golf shot from one continent to another.
He’s appearing in the Turkish Airlines Open in Istanbul, Turkey. He’s getting $3 million in appearance fees, and to promote the event, he hit a golf shot from on top of a platform on the Bosphorus Bridge that connects the continents of Europe and Asia.
Technically, his golf shot traveled from Europe to Asia. To pull off the stunt, they shut down the bridge at one of the busiest times of day.
I guess he’s at the point of his career when just playing golf is just too routine.
- He’s won 79 PGA tour events, second only to Sam Sneed.
- He’s won 14 majors. Only Jack Nicklaus has won more.
- He has the lowest career scoring average in PGA history.
- Tiger is one of five players in history to have won all four major tournaments, known as the Grand Slam. The others are Gene Sarazan, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan and Gary Player, but Tiger was the youngest to do it. And he’s the only one to win four in a row.
- Woods has been the PGA Player of the Year a record 11 times.
- He’s been the PGA Tour leading money-leader a record 10 times.
- Tiger has hit 18 holes in one. The first one came when he was just six years old.