A Traffic Advisory for Buffalo Sabres Fans
The City of Buffalo has passed along this traffic advisory for fans attending the Sabres home opener and future games. The Buffalo Sabres will take on Montreal at The Key Bank Center on Thursday night with a face off set for 7:00.
According to a press release from City of Buffalo officials,
• Motorists are encouraged to park in convenient, city-owned parking ramps, with prices ranging from $2 to $10. The ramps closest to Key Bank Center are the One Seneca Ramp and the Adam Ramp. However, all of the city-owned parking facilities are located within walking distance of the light-rail on Main Street. For more information about the locations, please visit Buffalo Civic Auto Ramps (BCAR) website at bcarparking.com.
• Reminder: street parking in the downtown central business district is free (after 5) and on weekends, and a short walk to the light-rail.
• In addition, city residents and visitors are encouraged to utilize other available means of public transportation to downtown Buffalo, including the light-rail on Main Street.
• The NFTA has two park-and-ride locations along the metro rail line. The LaSalle Station parking lot has 732 free spaces, and just to the north of there, the University Station at UB South has another 312 spots. Drivers can park in those lots, pay a small fee and ride the metro rail all the way to Key Bank Center.
• There will also be increased Buffalo Police Traffic Unit patrols in and around Key Bank Center.
The top of Buffalo City Hall will be lit blue and gold from October 4 through 8 pm on October 5th, in recognition of the start of a new Sabres Season.