Amazing Uses For Vinegar
It’s an amazing natural substance that can be used for preparing foods, cooking, cleaning and even disinfecting and it’s been used for thousands of years. It’s vinegar and it can be made from apples, grapes, barley, grain, peaches, pears, potatoes, rice, wine, beer, honey. Actually there are dozens of things you can use to make vinegar.
There’s an International Vinegar Festival held each June in Roslyn, South Dakota. It’s also where you’ll find the International Vinegar Museum.
- Vinegar has all sorts of uses in the kitchen and it makes a great cleaner for windows and mirrors, helps prevent mildew and cuts soap scum on bathroom tubs and shower stalls.
- If you don’t like the smell of a newly painted room, an open dish of white vinegar will take the smell away.
- We were talking a while back about all the uses of honey – mix apple cider vinegar, water and honey together and use it to soothe a sore throat.
- White vinegar can eliminate dandruff. Massage it into your scalp, rinse, then shampoo your hair.
- Stop hiccups by drinking a teaspoon of white vinegar.
- If you have a problem with a cat scratching your furniture, spray white vinegar on it…..the furniture, not the cat.
- A little science experiment, add vinegar to baking soda and it creates carbon dioxide. It’s how to make your own erupting volcano.