Brett Alan’s Best And Worst Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I've been called the Valentine's Day grinch more than once in my life because honestly, I don't believe in the day. It's a day set aside to tell someone that you love them. but honestly, shouldn't every day be that day? So I don't endorse people going out and spending tons of money on this holiday. However, if you do choose to go out and buy gifts, I hope that this list of do's and don'ts from my perspective helps you choose wisely.
Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts For Him
- Food - They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. It’s totally true. Think about the dinner that he likes the most and make it for him. Maybe it’s just a desert for later. Guys like chocolate too.
- Sports items – You might hate his favorite team for stealing him from you throughout the year, but he’ll absolutely love if you get him something with his team on it. It’s a great way to show him that you love him so much that you’re willing to share him.
- Beer related items – Now this one’s a little more specific to your man. Some guys don’t like to drink beer. So you can move on if that’s the case. BUT…I know a lot of guys do. So whether it’s a cool bottle opener shaped like a remote control, or a customized cooler, they’ll love it. (Beer stuff)
- Electronics – I’m really not one to endorse spending a lot of money on Valentine’s day. It’s not about how much you spend. But…if you do want to spend some bucks, then electronics work well to put a smile on most guys’ faces. (
- Cologne – This one could go either way but personally, I would like to get cologne from my wife. I’m not really good at picking that stuff out, so I’m happy to smell good for her.
Things you Shouldn’t give your boyfriend/husband on Valentines day:
- Romantic coupon vouchers – Let’s be honest. Nobody ever uses these things. First off, if we want a back rub (or whatever else is printed on them), we aren’t going to use a piece of paper to ask for it. Secondly, if we finally decide to use that voucher, we’re going to feel like a tool for “making” you do something you don’t want to do anyway.
- Flowers – This is like us getting you tools. In most cases, you don’t want them. There are some things that are ok to be gender specific. However, chocolate is not on that list. Food is ok. Remember, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
- Candles – I’ll come clean and admit that I light candles daily. But it’s to eliminate odor. Giving a guy a candle is a good way to make him feel very unmanly.
- Relationship books -- Again, there are some guys out there who would love to sit and read books about relationships. I'm speaking for the rest of us. Please don't make us do homework. If you want us to do something more in our relationship, just tell us what it is. Don't make us read it in a book.
- Gym Membership -- Now this one only counts if he didn't ask for it. If your guy comes to you and says, "Hey...I wish I had a gym membership" then obviously it's ok. If he hasn't ever brought up the gym, then there's no better way of saying, "You're really out of shape and I wish you weren't as fat as you are."