Have A Hard Time Waking Up? Try the R.I.S.E. U.P. Method
I don't know if it's the cold weather or the late nights but I have been having a miserable time waking up lately. It's just so hard to roll out of a warm bed. So I found this. It's called the R.I.S.E. U.P. method. Yup...it's an acronym. Every letter stands for something.
Here's what they stand for:
1. The "R" means Refrain from hitting the snooze button.
2. The "I" stands for Increase your activity in the first hour. Meaning exercise right after you wake up, or just do something small like a quick walk.
3. The "S" stands for Shower.
4. The "E" stands for Expose yourself to sunlight.
5. The "U" is so you listen to "Upbeat" music.
6 The "P" stands for Phone a friend . . . because talking to someone forces you to be more alert.
This method of becoming a morning personis courtesy of a sleep expert named Dr. Harvey of the Golden Bear Sleep Research Center that recommends it to her patients. Think it will work? I'm willing to try. I'll let you know how it goes...