How Are You Gonna Cook Your Bird?
Dale and I had a discussion about turkey today. (I had some deli slices for breakfast) We got to talking about the many ways that you can cook the big ol' birds. My mother used to cook them in a brown paper bag...it's an old school method but I like the old school stuff. For those of you that don't have this recipe....here ya go!! Enjoy! Oh and save me a leg...those are my favorite!!
- 1 (18 -20 lb) whole turkey
- 2 stalks celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (cut into quarters)
- 3 -4 crushed garlic cloves
- olive oil