Ideas For Using Old Cereal
When I was a kid, we weren't allowed to open a new box of cereal until the old boxes were all gone. I've never felt more like my dad than I did today when I told my son that he had to finish his cereal before I would get him some more.
So what are other ways of using cereal that doesn't involve wasting it or eating stale cereal? I asked your advice today and couldn't believe all the great ideas! Here are just a few:
- Put it in the bird feeders and let the birds eat the last of the box up for you.
- Put it in a special container that is sealed rather than just in the box. It will keep it fresher longer.
- Use the rest up in cookies. Make an oatmeal based cookie. Add the cereal, fruit, and nuts.
- Make cereal bars with honey, the old cereal, nuts and seeds.
- Add the last bit from the old box to a new box if it’s the same flavor.
- Who cares about flavor? Add them all together to get a new tasting cereal!
What do you do with old boxes of cereal without wasting it or eating it stale?