Liz’s Kitchen: Egg Roll In A Bowl Recipe
Alert! This is another Whole30 approved recipe and it's delicious! When I attempted to start this next round I wanted to make sure I was trying new recipes so I wouldn't get bored of the food! This one was worth trying due to my love of egg rolls! The recipe looks intimidating, as well as the ingredients, but it is actually a pretty simple meal to make! I found this recipe at the 40 Aprons blog and while I haven't tried any more recipes from there I totally would after eating this one!
Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 green onions sliced, green and white parts divided
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons Whole30 sriracha or chili-garlic sauce or Whole30 compliant hot sauce, divided
- 14-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce/tamari if not Whole30 or paleo
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- salt to taste
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- green parts of sliced green onions from above
Creamy Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Whole30 mayonnaise ideally my Whole30 immersion blender mayonnaise, recipe in notes
- salt to taste
- Whole30 sriracha
Diced all of your ingredients up and get your spices measured out.
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic. You'll want to do this for about 5 minutes until the onions start to soften.
Next add ground pork, grated ginger, and 1 tablespoon hot sauce/chili-garlic sauce and cook until pork is browned. About 7-10 minutes.
Then add coleslaw/Asian slaw mix, coconut aminos/soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt. Stir until well combined. Keep stirring until cabbage is starting to soften, but make sure you don't overcook!
To make the sauce, whisk together the mayo and hot sauce. Add more depending on how hot you like it! Then place sauce into a sandwich bag and cut off the tip. Spoon the slaw mixture into a bowl and drizzle the sauce on top! Garnish with the green onion and black sesame seeds and wow everyone at the table!