Have an Awesome Mobile App Idea? You Could Win $1,000!
If you could develop a mobile app for a smartphone or tablet, what would it be? Tell us your creative idea, and you could win $1,000!
Describe your app in the entry form below, and you could win the $1,000 grand prize, or one of three great runner-up prizes, courtesy of WYRK.
Winners will be announced at Bryant & Stratton’s Open House on Wednesday, August 29, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. You’ve got from now until midnight on Monday, August 27, to enter!
Oops! We could not locate your form.
WYRK, Bryant & Stratton College, their agencies and the employees of the aforementioned take no ownership of or responsibility for mobile app submissions. The ideas and content are the property of the contestants.
WORLD’S GREATEST APP CONTEST DISCLAIMER AND DETAILS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Townsquare Media will conduct a contest asking listener to create the worlds greatest new mobile app.
- The contest will run between 8/13-8/27. All entries must be submitted by midnight on 8/27 .
- HOW TO ENTER
- The World’s Greatest App contest will begin on midnight August 13 2012 and end on midnight August 27 2012.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Contestants will submit their idea for a new mobile phone app at www.wyrk.com or www.961joyfm.com
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): log on wyrk.com or 961joyfm.com click on and fill out all the required fields. Enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. Apply as many different ideas as you like until Aug 27th. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Person can enter as many APPS as they want. “The radio station, Bryant & Stratton College and their agencies and the employees of the afore mentioned take no ownership or responsibility of The Mobile APP submissions and the ideas and content are the property of the contestants”.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all WYRK/WJYE listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in WHO LIVE IN THE SERVICE AREA OF THE STATION – Western New York Broadcast Area. United States
- Employees of WYRK/WJYE (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the ______ metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families AND/OR HOUSEHOLDS are ineligible to participate or win.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- There will be one grand prize winner who will receive a $1000 cash prize and 3 runner-up winners with prize packs valued at $200.00.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Entry will be judged based upon Creativity, Content and Originality
- Winner does not have to be present to win.
- Contest winner will be announced at the Bryant and Stratton Open House 8/29 between 4-7p located at the Amherst Campus
- The winner will be selected by a panel of 3 judges during the Bryant Stratton open house at the Amherst Campus on August 29th .
- ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED, AS APPLICABLE.
- Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by next best APPS entries as judge by the panel
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of 14 Lafayette Square, Suite 1200, Buffalo, New York 14209.