My Top 5 Country Albums Of 2011!
The year 2011 was filled with great country songs, videos and albums. I'm usually the guy at the station who gets a copy of each album released, so I can give a little insight into the project itself and the artist it belongs to. It was a difficult process, but I was able to compile a Top 5 list of my favorite albums of 2011. You can also look at it as a guide to album buying if ya have left over gift cards from the holidays. These are NOT listed in any particular order! Here we go.....
1. Eric Church's "Chief"- From Track 1-"Creepin" to the last tune "Over When Its Over", Eric Church's CD is a must have. He could probably release nearly half of the album and have Top 10 hits with each song. The first day I picked this one up, I was driving home from a meeting in Medina. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the whole project was. Usually with Eric Church, I like 3-5 of the songs on his CD....not this time. If ya don't have this album, get it! It will fatten your collection.
2. Miranda Lambert's - "Four The Record"- When the song "Baggage Claim" hit radio, I was sold already. I figured, if the first song was "killer" the rest of the album will be as well. She has a great duet on it with hubby Blake Shelton and a tune called "Fine Tune" which veers off of Miranda's usual path, but is solid. This year was a huge year for Miranda, capped off with a sweet album.
3. Blake Shelton's "Red River, Blue"- Who doesn't like Blake Shelton?? He's a T.V. star, great singer and a funny dude...on Twitter at least. His latest project "Red River Blue" made my list because it's filled with great music. The single "Honey Bee" was the bait and I took it. I challenge you to find a song on the CD that truly "sucks"....can't do it.
4. Chris Young's "Neon"- I liked this guy ever since he appeared on the T.V. show " Nashville Star." His first release "Drinkin Me Lonely" didn't get the respect it deserved, but someone out there knew that Chris Young came equipped with a hell of a rich voice. Young kept pluggin away and created a great album called "Neon." With songs like "Tomorrow" and "You"....You can't go wrong with this CD. Grab it!
5. Luke Bryan's Tailgates & Tanlines- I gotta be honest, not a big fan of "Country Girl (Shake it for me), but the rest of the CD is really good. For me, the album picks up on the back half....or side B for those of you still using tapes...LOL You can't deny the talent and vocal ability of Mr. LB. Dave Haywood of Lady Antebellum also has Luke Bryan's CD in his Top 5 of 2011. It must be good!
OTHER ALBUMS YOU SHOULD HAVE TO FATTEN YOUR COLLECTION-
Justin Moore -"Outlaws Like Me"- 2011
Jason Aldean "My Kinda Party"- 2010
Billy Currington- "Enjoy Yourself"**a favorite for sure-2010
James Otto- "Shake What God Gave Ya"- 2010
The Band Perry- self-titled- 2010