New Human Dominoes Record
It was just back in February when 850 people in New Orleans set the Guinness Book World Record for human mattress dominoes. Volunteers strap themselves to mattresses that are set upright and then they’re toppled over one after another just like dominoes would. Well that record was surpassed in China by 1,001 volunteers. And they did it in their first attempt.
It took weeks of planning and several hours to set up the mattresses in a shopping mall in Shanghai. Then the team leader coordinating the attempt by two-way radio grips the first mattress with outstretched arms and falls backwards into the next mattress and off they go. It took 11 minutes and 11 seconds for the record to be set. The Guinness Book verified the record on Monday.
Some other unusual Guinness Records –
- A man set a world record for most spoons balanced on his face – 15 for 30 seconds.
- A South Korea man ate five watches – it took him 1 hour and 34 minutes to do it.
- An American man held eight live rattlesnakes in his mouth by the tips of their tails for 12 seconds.
- A British man reached a speed of just under 165 miles per hour on a motorcycle – blindfolded.
- A man in Sri Lanka balanced for 76 hours and 40 minutes on one foot.
- How many tennis balls could you hold in one hand? A man in Spain held 18 for 10 seconds.