Proper Flag Etiquette [Video]
I will never discredit someone for flying an American flag and showing their patriotism. But did you know there's a right way and a wrong way to do it? There are certain guidelines that should be followed when flying a flag to show it the respect it deserves.
There is a flag code that should be followed in order to pay respect to the flag. There is an entire list of do's and don'ts at US Flag.org . Here are some of the things included on that list:
- The flag is never to be dipped to any person or thing.
- The only time that the flag should be hung upside down is when it is being used as a distress symbol.
- The flag should never be used for advertising purposes.
- The flag should not be a part of any costume or athletic uniform.
- When hanging the flag, you should never let it touch the ground.
For more, check out US Flag.org .
To see some of America's Finest folding the flag, check out this video of the U.S. Marines as they fold Old Glory.