Skyway Work Begins – Here’s The Detour Schedule
Looks like the work is moving forward on the Skyway and this may cause some headaches if you use it daily. The New York State DOT will begin the next phase of the bridge rehabilitation starting today and according to WGRZ, will continue through the summer and into the fall with a target end day of November.
According to WGRZ,
"Starting Monday at 11 a.m., the inbound (eastbound) lanes of the Skyway between Ohio Street and the 190 will be closed, and drivers will have to use the outbound (westbound) lanes for both directions of travel."
Here are the schedules detour and traffic pattern schedules:
- M-F - 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. -Skyway open to inbound traffic only
- M-F - 11:00 a.m. to noon -Skyway closed to all traffic
- M-F - Noon to 3 a.m. the next day - Skyway open to outbound traffic only
- M-F - 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. -Skyway closed to all traffic
- Weekends: Skyway open to outbound traffic only
It looks like the patterns are set up to try and disrupt the least amount of travel but there will still be some headaches. Detours will be posted during closures and look for traffic pattern changes and for vehicles to share one side of the Skyway for both directions. Look for delays to also build up on other routes as well.