The Top 5 Moments Of Brett Alan’s Life
If you had to pick the top 5 moments of your life, do you think you could do it? I was challenged to put together a list. For me, it was harder than I thought. Not because I haven’t had that many great moments, but because I have been very blessed. I had a really hard time narrowing it down to just 5.
I don’t mean for this to sound like I’m bragging, but more to acknowledge how blessed and grateful I am to have the life that I have. Only 5 was hard. I’ll give it a try though. Here we go…
1. My Birthday - This one has to go first right? I mean, without it, there would be no more moments.
2. My Wedding - There’s no secret here. My wife is the person who keeps my life on track. Without her, God only knows where I’d be. If you’ve ever met her, you’d know that I totally married up.
3. The Birth Of My 2 Kids - I was going to make this one #3 and #4 but honestly how do you put one before the other. These were the moments that changed me from who I was to who I am today. It totally shifts your world to become a dad…but it’s all positive.
4. The Day I Got My Job Here At WYRK - Ever have a goal that you think is unreachable come true. That’s kind of how it was when I got hired full time here. When I went to college, everyone that I talked to was like, “Really? Radio? Sounds fun, but there’s not a lot of jobs out there.” That’s true. And there are less and less every day. But it was something that I wanted sooo bad. I remember exactly where I was when I got the call. I was driving a truck full of furniture that I was delivering for a local furniture store. I was so excited that I just turned the truck around and headed right back to the store. I handed the keys to the manager and quit. Looking back, I feel bad for doing that to the manager of that store but at that moment, I felt like I had just conquered the world. I set a goal and accomplished it. I had my dream job.
5. Finishing My First Half Marathon -This may not seem like that big of a deal to some people but it was huge to me. I put weeks and weeks of effort into finishing that race. For a guy my size, 13.1 miles is a looooong distance. I had a terrible finishing time. But guess what, I was still running when I crossed that line. The best part, my family was there to see me to it. I remember feeling so proud to show my kids that if you set a goal and you work hard, you can accomplish it. Then again, it could have been that I was ecstatic to just stop running for awhile.
I’ve had some great moments in my life. I played football at Rich Stadium (when it was still called that). I got to meet The Zac Brown Band! From holidays with my mom and dad to vacations across the United States. Those ones should all be on this list too. Any moment that I spent with my best friend Tim should be in this list too. I’d give anything to have some more moments with my dad and my best friend. But like I said….this was much harder than it sounds.
Give it a try. Take some time to think about some of the greatest things that you’ve accomplished. Do you think you could name the top 5 moments of your life?