Top Kids Halloween Costumes For 2012
Have you decided on a Halloween costume yet? Ya better hurry….the holiday is just over two weeks away. Last year, I procrastinated and ended up having to cut holes in an old bed sheet and go as a ghost. I looked like an idiot and the costume was very annoying. If you are having a hard time choosing what to wear for yourself, your significant other or your kid…..here are a few suggestions. These are the top costume ideas for 2012 as compiled by AOL.
1. Sesame Street Big Bird Costume– $29.99- Big Bird is the “in thing” thanks to Mitt Romney’s reference in the first presidential debate.
2. Sock Monkey Costume-$24.99- Have seen the character…didn’t know he was so popular!
3. Billion Dollar Baby Bunting Costume– $23.00- I have to admit…I had to Google it to see WTH this was. It’s a sack of money!
1. Thor Costume– under $20.00- Everyone knows the almighty Thor. He’s back and popular again!
2. Owl Costume– $50.00- Who Who Who would pay 50 bucks for a owl costume for a toddler. I’d say skip the bird and find something cheap.
3. Green Lantern Costume– under $20.00- One of my favorite super heroes. Problem is, I bet a lot of kids will be wearing this one.
1. Marvin the Martian-under $20.00…Sweet!! Remember this lil guy. Red shirt…lil green helmet. I love the idea, but I wonder if kids nowadays know who he is. I guess they must if it’s the top costume on AOL’s list.
2. Girls American Dream– $30.00- Yep, had to look this one up too. It’s basically a super hero costume. Like a Captain America for girls.
3. Rapunzel “Tangled” Costume-$30.00- Another classic that was remade and hit big!
1. Captain America– under $30.00- The Avengers are huge. Captain America being one of the most popular.
2. Papa Smurf– $20.00- I have to admit, I actually thought of being Papa Smurf, but I couldn’t deal with the blue face paint all night! The children’s costume comes with a mask.
3. Angry Birds Red Bird Costume– Those Angry Birds are still very popular. Who can resist flinging birds into towers with pigs on them…LOL. Cool costume idea.