Vehicles for Vets Rules 2017
VEHICLE FOR VETS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Mix96, WBLK, WYRK, and WBUF will be abbreviated as Townsquare Media Buffalo from here on. Basil Fredonia, Joe Basil Chevrolet, Robert Basil Buick GMC Cadillac, Basil Toyota, Basil Ford Walden, Basil Ford Niagara Falls, Basil Volkswagen and Basil Resale Centers will be abbreviated as Basil Automotive Group from here on.
HOW TO ENTER
- The Vehicles for Vets contest will begin on 12am EST May 22nd 2017 and end on 12am EST August 18th 2017.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Listeners will be directed to either: wblk.com, 929jackfm.com, wyrk.com, mix96buffalo.com to link to the page www.basilcars.com/vehiclesforvets to complete and submit an on-line nomination form on the military veteran or active military person they feel needs a vehicle from the Basil Automotive Group. (9) Military Veterans and or active service member nominations within the promotional period will be chosen at random to advance to the final contesting, and be pre-approved of military validation and accreditation via Basil Automotive Group. From there, the final nine (9) participants will be invited to Riverworks on August 18th where a contest will be held. One of the nine (9) participants will be selected at random to win the opportunity to pick one of the listed vehicles from section 3, letters b-h. The participants or their pre-appointed proxy must be present to win.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information and Townsquare Media Buffalo and Basil Automotive Group will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Townsquare Media Buffalo and Basil Automotive Group will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. Townsquare Media Buffalo and Basil Automotive Group will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- The contest is open to all public listeners who are 18 years of age or older who have served in any branch of the United States Military and who legally reside in the Western New York broadcast area. Veteran persons must provide a DD2-14 as well as a military ID to be considered a finalist. If potential finalist is still an active military member, only a military ID is requested to be considered a finalist. Employees of Townsquare Media Buffalo, its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, Basil Automotive Group, other radio stations in the WNY metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and or households are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Contest is open to any and all United States Military Veterans and those still active members of the military. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
- Winner must have served in any branch of the United States Military with proof the he/she is a veteran or active military with a valid United States drivers license.
- Grand Prize: The Veteran selected will win $21,000 towards the purchase of any specific vehicle in b) through h), or a used vehicle as provided by the Basil Automotive Group. Each independently owned and operated Basil dealership will contribute $2,100.00 toward the purchase of one of the mentioned vehicles listed b) through h), all valued at roughly $21,000.00. There is no cash alternative. If a winner is disqualified, the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to determine an alternate winner. No purchase necessary.
- New Chevrolet Malibu from Joe Basil Chevrolet
- New Chevrolet Malibu from Basil Chevrolet Buick Cadillac
- New Ford Escape from C. Basil Ford
- New Toyota Camry from Basil Toyota
- New Volkswagen Passat from Basil Volkswagen of Lockport
- New Buick Verano from Robert Basil Buick GMC Cadillac
- Any used in-stock vehicle from any of the Basil Resale Centers, not to exceed $21,000 in value.
- Secondary Prize: The person who nominates the winning veteran will receive a prize valued at $1,000.00.
- All secondary and social media prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of Townsquare Media Buffalo. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Townsquare Media Buffalo and Basil Automotive Group are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of Basil Automotive Group with respect to the contest are final. Nomination entries will be selected at random through Basil Automotive Group and military verified and accredited via Basil Automotive Group. All nominated people will be subject to a background check to verify the authenticity of the claims being made of veteran or active military status. (9) Military Veterans and or active service member nominations within the promotional period will be chosen at random to advance to the final contesting and must be present to win at the Final Giveaway.
- May 22nd –August 18th: Listeners nominate their favorite veteran or active military member
June 7th –August 2nd: one winner a week will be highlighted on air on WYRK
August 2nd – August 17th: (9) finalists will be re-notified and promos for final vehicle giveaway will run, inviting all other veteran families
August 18th, 2017 (pending approval): Award prize at Riverworks
- ODDS OF BEING SELECTED AND WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED, AS APPLICABLE.
- Finalists or proxy need to be present to win for the August 18th giveaway at Riverworks. The Basil Family of Dealerships will not provide a proxy under any circumstances, with one exception: If a travel ban due to an act of God is initiated by any government agency which impairs travel to Riverworks in Buffalo, NY on Friday, August 18, 2017, the Basil Family of Dealerships reserves the right to provide a proxy for any finalist.
- Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by random selection
- Winner must select and take delivery of vehicle by December 31st, 2017. Vehicle must be in stock.
- If more than one person nominates the same veteran or active military member, that military member will be counted in the random selection pool once. All “nominators” will be placed into their own pool should this nominee win – from which there the nominee will be randomly chosen to win the $1,000 nomination prize.
“The Station” is in reference to Townsquare Media Buffalo
- Publicity: By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Basil Automotive Group, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive the prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Basil Automotive Group.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Basil Automotive Group, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and registration fees related to the prize and paying expenses associated with any prize, which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. The winner must provide the Basil Automotive Group with valid identification and valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station, in is sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station’s Web Site or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Basil Automotive Group personnel. The Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Basil Automotive Group believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Basil Automotive Group will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Basil Automotive Group’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Basil Automotive Group, the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Basil Automotive Group deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Basil Automotive Group are final. The Basil Automotive Group may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. “If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.”
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of 14 Lafayette Square Suite 1200, Buffalo NY 14209
- Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Basil Automotive Group personnel. The Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Basil Automotive Group believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Basil Automotive Group will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Basil Automotive Group’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Basil Automotive Group, the Basil Automotive Group reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Basil Automotive Group deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Basil Automotive Group are final. The Basil Automotive Group may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. The winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the companies release form to claim the prize. No purchase is necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winner depend of number of participants. The Basil Automotive Group may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Basil Automotive Group disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at Robert Basil Buick GMC Cadillac, 3475 Southwestern Blvd Orchard, Park, NY 14127 and by mail upon written request with stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
All entries become the property of the Basil Automotive Group and will not be returned.
- Compliance with law. The applicable laws of the United States of America govern the conduct of the Contest, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Basil Automotive Group will follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the State Attorney General or consumer affairs office, posting a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local or state law.