Couple’s New Puppy Starts House Fire
Puppies are always a lot of work. But, this takes things to a whole new level.
A couple in their mid-20s who had just bought a house bought a brand-new puppy, Zeus, who literally caused an explosion in the house. Zeus found an aerosol deodorant can to play with and sink his teeth in. When he was done chomping and mangling it, he decided to leave it next to the house's gas boiler. When the boiler went back on, the can got so hot that it exploded and started a house fire.
The couple was at work at the time of the explosion, and when they came home, they found fire engines outside their house.
We were out in the car when we received texts saying our house had been blown up, then we were told the living room window had blown out. I was panicking about our pets and rushed back. We saw flashing lights, two fire engines were outside the house and the street was blocked off. We thought someone had put something through the letter-box or there had been a gas explosion.
Zeus, a greyhound mix, caused about $4,000 in damage.