First Buffalo Bills Mock Draft Goes as Planned
We're one month away from the 2023 NFL Draft and the Buffalo Bills hold the 27th overall pick in the first round.
General manager Brandon Beane has been active in free agency, signing exclusively offense: offensive lineman Connor McGovern and David Edwards; wide receivers Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield; quarterback Kyle Allen and running back Damien Harris.
The Bills have lost free agents such as linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, running back Devin Singletary, wide receiver Jamison Crowder and safety Jaquan Johnson. The Bills also released wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie, who signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
The Bills have been linked to a potential trade for Arizona Cardinals star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, but assuming that doesn't happen, the first mock draft here (courtesy of the PFF website simulator) for the Bills we have done, they address that position with the 27th overall pick.
Which is the right decision.
Here's how the first round turned out.
- Carolina Panthers - Bryce Young (QB)
- Houston Texans - Will Levis (QB)
- Arizona Cardinals - Will Anderson Jr. (edge)
- Indianapolis Colts - C.J. Stroud (QB)
- Seattle Seahawks - Tyree Wilson (edge)
- Detroit Lions - Jalen Carter (DT)
- Las Vegas Raiders - Anthony Richardson (QB)
- Atlanta Falcons - Devon Witherspoon (CB)
- Chicago Bears - Christian Gonzalez (CB)
- Philadelphia Eagles - Quentin Johnston (WR)
- Tennessee Titans - Jaxon Smith-Njigba (WR)
- Houston Texans - Calijah Kancey (DT)
- New York Jets - Peter Skoronski (T)
- New England Patriots - Lukas Van Ness (edge)
- Green Bay Packers - Brian Branch (CB)
- Washington Commanders - Deonte Banks (CB)
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Joey Porter Jr. (CB)
- Detroit Lions - Nolan Smith (edge)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dalton Kincaid (TE)
- Seattle Seahawks - Anton Harrison (T)
- Los Angeles Chargers - Myles Murphy (edge)
- Baltimore Ravens - Paris Johnson Jr. (T)
- Minnesota Vikings - Brian Bresee (DT)
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Will McDonald IV (edge)
- New York Giants - Zay Flowers (WR)
- Dallas Cowboys - Bijan Robinson (RB)
With the 27th overall pick, the Bills select USC wide receiver Jordan Addison.
Addison is 21 years old and stands at 6'0'', 180 lbs. He's not the biggest receiver (same size as Stefon Diggs) but Addison is arguably the best route runner in the class and is a three-tier receiver, meaning he can produce short, intermediate and deep when called upon. He started his collegiate career at Pittsburgh but transferred to USC.
The Bills should run to the podium if he is there at 27.
For the Bills second round pick, the selected tackle Matthew Bergeron out of the University of Syracuse, which is another pick the Bills should run to the podium if he is there.
Bills get a rookie WR who can be plugged opposite of Diggs and a tackle to battle Spencer Brown for the right tackle spot to protect Josh Allen.