Buffalo’s 10 Splash Pads Open Today For The Kids To Have Fun
As the temperatures rise around WNY, there's good news when it comes to cooling down. Buffalo splash pads are open to help you and the kids cool down!
Eleven splash pads at parks in Buffalo open today. Mayor Byron W. Brown said,
I’m excited to announce all 11 splash pads will be open this season. Our splash pads, which are located throughout the City, are very popular with families seeking a free, fun, and cool destination for their youngsters during the warm weather months.
The splash pads will be open on weekends from 11 am to 7 pm and weekdays from 2 pm to 7 pm through June 23, then they will be open the same hours as the weekend. They will also be open on holidays through Labor Day.
These are the City of Buffalo splash pads opening May 29:
1. Cazenovia Park - behind the park casino
2. Houghton Park - foot of Spahn St.
3. Kensington Park – Kensington Ave. at Grider St.
4. Lanigan Park - South Park Ave., west of Louisiana St.
5. Lincoln Park
6. Masten Park - Best St., adjacent to Johnnie B. Wiley Sports Pavilion
7. MLK Jr. Park Basin - Best St. and Fillmore Ave.
8. Ralph C. Wilson Park - foot of Porter Ave.
9. Roosevelt Park - foot of Roosevelt Ave.
10. Schiller Park - Sprenger St. side of park
**The Allison Park splash pad, on Reese Street, is expected to open in early June after repairs are completed.
Most City of Buffalo parks open at sunrise and close at sunset. MLK, Jr. closes at 10 p.m. If you need more information, you can visit the Division of Parks & Recreation's website or call 716-851-5553.