How To Avoid Falling While Walking On Ice
With blowing snow and ice all across Western New York, you will have to change how you walk to avoid falling on ice.
The best way to stay on your feet is to walk like a penguin!
Here is how to walk the right way on icy roads and sidewalks.
- Keep your weight forward and on your front foot
- Keep your arms out by your side to help you balance
- Walk flat footed and take short shuffling steps
- Wear footwear that provides traction
- Step down, not out from curbs
- Keeps your knees slightly bent
- Walk on snow or grass if possible
Be careful so you don't end up like these people!