There’s a “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” Display Open In East Aurora
I don't think you could ever get too old to enjoy How The Grinch Stole Christmas. It seems no matter how young or old you are, reading the book, watching the original movie or the live-action version, there's still Christmas magic built up inside.
There's a display based off the 2000 film at the Aurora Theatre in East Aurora that will make you feel like a kid again.
According to WIVB, a display of actual items from the live-action How The Grinch Stole Christmas is set up right now at the Aurora Theatre.
The items are owned by Davis Howes and he allows others to enjoy the Christmas spirit at the theater in a public exhibit.
“You can have a piece and keep it on the shelf, but to be able to do this at the Aurora Theatre, it’s just so special,” Howes said. “My favorite comment I get from people is ‘thank you for sharing’.”
What's cool is it has over 100 items from the actual movie and is the second largest in the country! Howes said he got most of the items on eBay.
Some of the items you'll see are costumes that were worn by Jim Carrey along with a 22-foot inflatable sleigh.
You can also view free holiday movies at the theater. List is courtesy of WIVB.
- Friday, November 29 – “The Grinch” the 2018 animated movie
- · Saturday, November 30 – “Elf”
- · Sunday, December 1 – “White Christmas”
- · Saturday, Dec. 7 – “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” with Jim Carrey
- · Saturday, Dec. 14 – “The Star” at 11 am
- · Saturday, Dec. 14 – “Christmas Vacation” at 9 pm
- · Sunday, Dec. 15 – “A Christmas Story”
- · Saturday, Dec. 21 – “The Polar Express”
- · Sunday December 22- “It’s a Wonderful Life"