‘Dancing With The Stars’ New Season 17 Cast Announced
I remember the first time I saw the show 'Dancing With The Stars'. I couldn't help but think that the show would never make it. It looked cheesy and gaudy, and I barely knew any of the "stars".
Boy did they ever prove me wrong! They are now into their 17th season, and they recently announced their new cast.
Just like every season before it, there are sports figures, actors, singers and even some reality stars. Unfortunately, the country genre isn't very well represented. The only person who really comes close to representing country is comedian Bill Engvall.
Maybe it's because Kellie Pickler won the prize last year and they're afraid that country people will continue to dominate?
Check out a full list of celebrities and their partners below:
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda from ‘Mary Tyler Moore’) and Tristan MacManus
- Football player Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
- Ex-scientologist Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
- Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
- ‘High School Musical’ star Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
- Elizabeth Berkeley (from ‘Saved by the Bell’ and ‘Showgirls’) and Val Chmerkovskiy
- ‘Jersey Shore’s’ Snooki and new dancer Sasha Farber
- Singer/actress Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
- Former ‘Glee‘ cast member Amber Riley and Derek Hough
- Bill Nye the Science Guy and new dancer Tyne Stecklein
- Comedian Bill Engvall and new dancer Emma Slater
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ actor Grant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
The new season of ‘Dancing With the Stars’ will begin on September 16 on ABC.