Having trouble sleeping?
Did you know that sleep can play a huge role in chronic pain? The better rest you get, the more likely it is to help with your pain. Here are some ways to help you sleep better:
- Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends.
- Limit your napping to 15-20 minutes. This will help you sleep better at night.
- Start dimming the lights and turn off the computer 2 hours before bed.
- Be smart about reading before bed if you use an e-reader. Some are brighter than others which can make it harder to sleep after you put the e-reader away. Try books on tape instead.
- Start limiting your caffeine intake.
- Stay away from big meals at night and try eating 2 hours before bed.
- Avoid drinking a lot of liquids at night to avoid multiple bathroom breaks during the night.
- Do some stretches to help your body relax.