Here Are Some of YOUR Thanksgiving Recipes!
If you are having trouble with cooking this holiday, or wanted to try something new, here are some of our listeners favorite Thanksgiving Recipes!
Christmas Vodka Cake Recipe
•1 cup sugar
•1 tsp. baking powder
•1 cup water
•1 tsp. salt
•1 cup brown sugar
•4 large eggs
•1 bottle vodka
•2 cups dried fruit
Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the vodka. Noe shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar,or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don’t forget to beat off the turner. Finally, thr ow the bowl through the window. Finish the vodka and wipe the counter with the cat.
Credit to: Hannah Walters
CRANBERRY APPLE MOLD:
• 1-1/2 cups boiling water
• 1-pkg.(8oz.) or 2 pkgs. (4 serving size) Jell-O crandberry flavor
• 1-can (16 oz.) whole berry crandberry sauce
• 1 cup cold water
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 medium apple, chopped
Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl until disolved. Stir in crandberry sauce,cold water and cinnamon. refrigerate about 1-1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression). Stir in apple. Spoon into 5cup mold. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold and garnish as desired. Makes 10 servings.
Credit to: Cynthia Shutt
Caramel Apple Pie
• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
• 1/2 packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 5 cups thinly sliced apples
• 2/3 cup white sugar
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 20 caramels, halved
• 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. To make taffy: In a small bowl combine brown sugar, melted butter or margarine, and 1/3 cup flour. Mix well and set aside.
3. To make apple filling: Place apples and a large bowl. Add white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Toss until all ingredients are mixed well and apples are thoroughly coated.
4. Spoon half of apple filling into pastry lined deep dish pan. Top with half of caramels and half of taffy mixture. Repeat process with remaining apple filling, caramel, and taffy mixture. Place top pastry over filling and seal well (this is very important–if edges are not sealed caramel will leak out and over). Cut steam vents and brush top crust with milk or light cream.
5. Cover pie with foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from pie and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden. Serve warm.
Credit to: Kelly Schiavulli
Cream Cheese Squares
•2 (8 ounce) cansrefrigerated crescent roll dough
•2 (8 ounce) packagescream cheese
•1 cupwhite sugar
•1 teaspoonvanilla extract
•1/2 cupmargarine, melted
•1/4 cupwhite sugar
•1 teaspoonground cinnamon
Directions: (very easy!!)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
2.Press down one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the pan. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until it is smooth.
3.Spread the mix over the crescent layer.
4.Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Don’t press down.
5.Melt margarine and pour it over the top layer of the crescent roll.
6.Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the top.
7.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.. or until the top is crisp and golden.
8.You can either eat them warm, or put them in the fridge for them to be a cold dessert! ( I prefer it cold! )
Credit to: Candace Pregitzer
Give Us Your Recipe!
Oops! We could not locate your form.