How to Watch September 11 Memorial Ceremony Coverage Online
There are numerous choices for watching Friday's September 11 memorial ceremonies online. Here are a few of them:
- CBS will live-stream coverage starting at 8:25 a.m. Friday morning.
- The 9/11 Memorial website will also be live-streaming the events here, beginning at 8:40 a.m.
- In years past, the White House has live-streamed memorial ceremonies. You can check their YouTube page and at whitehouse.gov.
In New York, the reading of the names of the victims will commence in the morning, with six moments of silence:
- 8:46 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of the North Tower (1 WTC). (After this, the reading will begin.)
- 9:03 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of the South Tower (2 WTC).
- 9:37 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, near Washington, D.C.
- 9:59 a.m.: The South Tower (2 WTC) collapses.
- 10:03 a.m.: After learning of the other attacks, passengers on United Airlines Flight 93 launch a counterattack on hijackers aboard their plane to try to seize control of the aircraft. In response, the hijackers crash the plane into an empty field near Shanksville, Pa.
- 10:28 a.m.: The North Tower (1 WTC) collapses. The 16-acre World Trade Center site is in ruins, with collateral damage affecting all adjacent properties and streets. A rescue and recovery effort begins immediately.
Ceremonies will also be held at the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.