Incredible Uses For Hydrogen Peroxide
It comes in a plain brown bottle – it’s cheap and no home should be without it. You can buy it in almost any drug store for under a dollar. It came into popular use during World War Two in field hospitals and it’s better than bleach for disinfecting. It’s hydrogen peroxide and it has so many uses.
1. Use it instead of mouthwash. Take one capful and hold it in your mouth for ten minutes each day, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. In the kitchen, after you use a cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. Soak any infections or cuts in peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. It’ll even make fungus disappear. Or put half a bottle of peroxide in your bathwater to help soothe skin irritations.
6. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
7. Tilt your head back and spray into your nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold or plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
8. If you have a toothache and can’t get to a dentist right away, put a capful of peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. It’ll lessen the pain.
9. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. It’ll bring out the natural highlights of your hair.
10. Add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there’s blood on clothing, pour it directly on to the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat
11. You can even use peroxide to clean windows and mirrors. There’s no smearing.