Buffalo Sabres Could Be Sold To These 5 People
There are lots of rumors around Western New York that the Buffalo Sabres could be up for sale.
Drive Home With Dave Fields Every Afternoon from 3-7pm on 106.5 WYRK
The Buffalo Sabres have been owned by Terry and Kim Pegula since February 18th, 2011 when they bought the team for $189 million dollars. Over the past couple of weeks, rumors have surfaced that the Pegulas are looking to sell the Sabres.
The team is currently valued at around $385 million dollars. So if the Sabres were to be sold, who would be interested in the team?
1. Jeremy Jacobs - The current chairman of Delaware North and owner of the Boston Bruins could also become the owner of his hometown team. Jacobs was born in Buffalo and attended the University of Buffalo. There is a history of owning Buffalo sports teams in Jacobs' family. His father Louis owned the Buffalo Bisons of the AHL hockey team in the 1950s.
2. Robert Rich Jr. - The current chairman of Rich Products is worth around $4.9 billion dollars and could easily keep the team in Buffalo. He is currently the owner of the Buffalo Bisons and buying the Sabres would make sense.
3. Michael Bloomberg - The former Mayor of New York City is one of the richest men in the world and sure, Buffalo is not NYC still owning a pro sports team in New York would be a feather in Bloomberg's cap. Plus, hopefully, he would invest some money into the team.
4. Dominik Hasek - The former Sabres goaltender who led the Sabres to the Stanley Cup playoffs in 1999 could be the person to lead the Sabres back to glory. Sure his net worth of around $23 million dollars isn't enough to buy the team, but with some investors and Hasek as the face of the team, fans would be happy.
5. Jon Bon Jovi - Sure members of Bills Mafia wouldn't be happy with this pick, but the good news is that Toronto already has an NHL team so we know he wouldn't move the team over the border. Plus the in-game music would be pretty darn good.