Four DMV’s In Erie County Will Open Wednesday By Appointment Only
The wait is finally over for those wishing to conduct in-person transactions at the Erie County Department of Motor Vehicles.
According to WIVB, four DMV's in Erie County will open on Wednesday (June 17th), by appointment only.
- West Seneca (Southgate Plaza)
- Tonawanda (Sheridan Plaza)
- Cheektowaga (Urbandale Plaza)
- Downtown (Rath Building)
This will be Step 1 of the reopening process for the DMV.
Here are some of the transactions available to do in-person during step 1, courtesy of WIVB:
- Replace a title
- Replace lost registration documentation
- Replace lost registration renewal
- Registering a vehicle, trailer, or boat
- Address change to license or registration
- License amendment
- Exchange out of state for New York State license
- Real ID/ EDL, Standard Driver license or non-Driver ID
See the full list here.
The DMV cannot conduct new driver permit testing, motorcycle permit testing, or CDL permit testing -- those will come in Step 2.
The appointment hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
You can make an appointment here. Or, call 716-858-7450.
You are asked to arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, bring a pen, and wear a mask when entering.
Read more at WIVB.