Everything We Know About Lady Antebellum’s New Album, ‘Heart Break’
After a year-long hiatus, Lady Antebellum are back in a big way: Not only is the country trio set to release their first album in almost three years, they have also hit the road, with plans to visit cities all across America (and the world). To say that it will be a big year for the two-time Grammys-winning band is an understatement.
At the center of Lady A's epic year is Heart Break, their sixth studio album. Read on to learn all of the details that The Boot has rounded up (so far) about the project.
Lady Antebellum's new album is called Heart Break, but the record's name and its title track are about a lot more than a broken heart; rather, it's about giving that overworked muscle a break!
"The concept of the song is not just heartbreak," Dave Haywood told fans at a Facebook Live event in mid-January. "It's about letting your heart take a break ... You gotta have some time for yourself. You gotta have some time to relax in between things and relationships.
Lady A also say that Heart Break's title refers to their own "heart break" of sorts that came when they gave themselves a breather in 2016. Their self-imposed hiatus found each member slowing down, spending time with family and even releasing some solo music -- but now that they're back, the trio say they're "more excited than we've been in 10 years."
The Release Date
Heart Break is scheduled to be released on June 9.
The Record Label
Heart Break will be released via Capitol Nashville, Lady Antebellum's longtime label home. It will be their sixth project with Capitol Nashville; Lady A have been with the label since their 2008 debut album.
The Album Cover
The album cover for Lady Antebellum's Heart Break album cover is a black-and-white photo of the band. The album's name is in red lettering, providing the cover's only color.
Lady Antebellum worked with busbee for Heart Break. During the trio's Facebook Live event on Jan. 19, Charles Kelley took a moment to thank the acclaimed songwriter-slash-producer, whose most recent production credits include Maren Morris' Hero and Keith Urban's Ripcord.
Lady Antebellum released Heart Break's first single, "You Look Good," on Jan. 19. It's a funky, upbeat tune that sounds different from anything fans have heard from the group so far; the song is dominated by punchy lyrics (written by Hillary Lindsey, Ryan Hurd and busbee) and groovy horns, and it's high energy and fun down to its last beat.
“We’ve always loved experimenting with different instruments and sounds in the studio, but we’ve never used horns before,” Haywood says. “The energy they brought to this song is really fun and was validation for all three of us that it had to be our first single back.”
In mid-May, Lady A shared their "You Look Good" music video, directed by the much-sought-after Shane Drake and set in an intimate venue. The clip showcases the song's soulful swagger.
Lady Antebellum revealed Heart Break's track listing on March 30. A press release describes "Somebody Else's Heart" as "sweet [but] melancholy" and "Hurt" as a "dramatic, surging ballad." "Army," meanwhile, has a "percolating groove," and "Think About You" features "R&B-style guitar."
Lady Antebellum, Heart Break Track Listing:
1. "Heart Break" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Jesse Frasure, Nicolle Galyon)
2. "You Look Good" (busbee, Ryan Hurd, Hillary Lindsey)
3. "Somebody Else's Heart" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, busbee, Shane McAnally)
4. "This City" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Sara Haze, Will Weatherly)
5. "Hurt" (Jon Green, Melissa Peirce, Ben West)
6. "Army" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, busbee, Nicolle Galyon)
7. "Think About You" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Sara Haze, Will Weatherly)
8. "Good Time to Be Alive" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, busbee, Will Weatherly, Emily Weisband)
9. "Big Love in a Small Town" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds)
10. "Stars" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, busbee)
11. "Teenage Heart" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Jon Green)
12. "Home" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, busbee)
13. "Famous" (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Eric Paslay)
Lady Antebellum's 2017 You Look Good World Tour began on May 26. They'll hit more than 40 cities throughout North America before heading overseas.
See Old-School Photos of Lady Antebellum + More Country Stars
You Think You Know Lady Antebellum?