Liz’s Kitchen: Mint and Mango Salsa Recipe
Cinco de Derby... Kentucky de Mayo...Derby de Mayo. Whatever you call it, it's putting you in curious position for your party plans. Do you go full blown Cinco de Mayo and just have the Kentucky Derby on or vice versa? NO! You combine parties and celebrate everything! I know its not as easy as it sounds but I'm here to help with at least one of the appetizers! I found this great salsa that you'll end up making all summer long because it's so tasty, bright and refreshing! It combines the heat of a salsa and the mint of the drink of the derby, the Mint Julep! And the best part is It's SO easy to make! Impress your friends and show up to the Derby de Mayo party with this salsa!
Want to take it one step further? Watch the video above and look for the code word that Liz will show you, enter it in the form and you are AUTOMATICALLY entered to win a $50 gift card to Tops Friendly Markets!
Mango and Mint Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup diced (1/4 inch) red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and gently fold. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.