President’s Day 2014 In Buffalo – What’s Open + What’s Closed?
This upcoming Monday, February 17, is President's Day, and though you're probably going to want to get your red, white and blue on, there are a lot of national and local locations that will be closed for the holiday.
Here are the statuses of the more general notable locations around the Queen City:
Government Offices: Closed
Post Offices: Closed
Buffalo Public Libraries: Closed
- Buffalo State: Closed 2/17 – 2/18
- Canisius College: Closed 2/17 – 2/18
- Daemen College: Closed 2/17
- D’Youville College: Closed 2/17 – 2/18
- Erie Community College: Closed 2/17 – 2/18
- Hilbert College: Closed 2/17
- Medaille College: Closed 2/17
- Niagara University: Open
- University at Buffalo: Open
- Villanova University: Open
Malls (Boulevard Mall, Eastern Hills Mall, McKinley Mall, Walden Galleria Mall): Open
The Buffalo Zoo: Open
Buffalo Museum of Science: Open
Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society: Closed (always closed on Mondays)
Albright-Knox Art Gallery: Closed (always closed on Mondays)
Burchfield Penney Art Center: Closed (always closed on Mondays)
As for Buffalo-specific closings, most of your favorite stores and restaurants should be open for the day, but double check before you venture out anywhere. Also, NFTA Metro will run on a regular weekday schedule, so feel free to hop on with the usual "every 10-12 minutes" schedule in mind.
Contributed by Ashley Steves