Remembering Lucille Ball
It was today, back in 1989, that the world lost a legendary entertainer-Lucille Ball. Lucille Desiree Ball was born in Jamestown, New York back in August of 1911. From what I read, Ball lived in Western New York until she was 3 years old. At that point, her parents decided to pack up and head for Montana and then on to Michigan. For those of you who are old enough to remember the woman and some of her work, here’s a lil treat for you……
Facts About Lucille Ball (that you may not have known)
1. She was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom after her passing.
2. Ball was given 2 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
3. Lucille Ball was nominated for an Emmy 13 times, but only took it home 4 times.
4. “I Love Lucy” is STILL watched by roughly 40-million people every year!
5. When Ball began her Broadway career she used the name Diane Belmont.
Classic Scene: Lucy’s Drunk Again!
Another Classic Scene: Chocolates