An Outside The Box List Of Lots Of Other Things I’m Thankful For
We used to have a tradition where we would go around the table before dinner for Thanksgiving and talk about what we are thankful. This year I dug deep to say thanks.
It's easy to come up with a list of things you're thankful for. Almost everyone can say they are thankful for their family or friends or their job or house. I'm very thankful for those things too. I don't feel like I deserve to have what I have and I think about that every day. But what if we thought a little harder about the things we are thankful for...the things you truly take for granted every day.
What would THAT list look like?
If you were me, that list would look a little like this:
- I’m thankful that the Bills are pretty much already eliminated from the playoffs. I can care less now (even though I don’t).
- I’m thankful for anything wrapped in bacon.
- I’m thankful that my wife is allergic to cats. I’ve always been a dog person anyway.
- I’m thankful for Tim Hortons coffee.
- I’m thankful for TV Remotes. Changing the channel at the tv is for kids.
- I’m thankful for Wifi
- I’m thankful for friendly people on facebook.
- I'm thankful for deodorant. For me and other people...
- I'm thankful for Fail videos on YouTube
- I'm thankful for people who laugh at my stupid jokes.
- I'm thankful for cherry pie.
- I'm thankful for loud music.
- I'm thankful for the Marvel Universe. It's one of my favorite things to talk about and do with my son.
- I'm thankful that asparagus makes my pee smell funny. It reminds me that I ate healthy and makes me smirk a little for some reason.
- I'm thankful for Jim's Steakout.
- I'm thankful that I can't beat my daughter in Song Pop. She knows her music and it makes me very proud.
- I'm thankful for dogs that wake me up by licking my face and crawl on my chest to say goodnight.
- I'm thankful that my kids have it better than I did. And I can say that I probably had it better than my parents did.
- I'm thankful that my wife will try all kinds of different foods and then only makes me try the ones that she thinks I'll like.
- I'm thankful for the hour in my car every day. While I could complain about traffic, it gives me the opportunity to listen to music, or talk about the Bills, or just be alone with my thoughts.
- I'm thankful when I'm able to sleep past 7am.
- I'm thankful that when I turned 39 I promised myself I would lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday. With a ton of help from a friend, I was able to lose 87. I've never been able to do that before. And I'll always be indebted to that friend for helping me get there.
This list could go on forever. Literally. I could come up with a new thing to be thankful for every minute of my life. I'm eternally grateful and incredibly blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving guys.