Check Out These Weird Collections
A lot of my friends will give me a puzzling look when I ask them to bring me back something when they go on vacation.
For the past couple of years, I have collected small snowglobes! I am not sure why I like the snowglobes but they are fun to shake up and look at. Maybe it reminds me of growing up here in Western New York.
But Snowglobes are not by any means the weirdest thing people collect.
Check out these collections:
1. A North Carolina dermatologist named Manfred S. Rothstein collects backscratchers! He owns 675 back scratchers from 71 different countries.
2. Carol Vaugn has an impressive collection of more than 5,000 bars of soap from all over the world. She’s been collecting soap bars since 1991.
3. The largest umbrella cover collection is owned by Nancy Hoffman. She has 730 of them.
4. Banana stickers! Becky Martz's banana sticker collection consists of over 7,000 unique labels.
5. Dutch collector Niek Vermeulen has 6,290 airsick bags from 1,191 different airlines and almost 200 countries.
See Snowglobes are nice and normal! So next time you are on vacation, feel free to send a snowglobe to me at the station!