You’ll Need to Show Vaccine Proof To Enter These Spots in Buffalo
With only a few regions in New York State really controlling the spread of COVID-19, restrictions are starting to come back into the picture. Erie County Executive, Mark Poloncarz announced that the new mandate has been put in place to try to lower WNY's COVID-19 positivity rate,
Erie County will implement a 4 phase approach. Effective as of 11/23/21, we will enter into Phase One. There will be a mask mandate for all patrons and public facing staff, inside all public locations in Erie County. If Phase 1 can reduce the number of positive cases and decrease our hospital admission numbers, then we can prevent entering into a Phase 2. The plan is to assess the need for additional measures using COVID-19 case data, case rate and hospitalizations, unless conditions require an earlier implementation.
Here are all the places in WNY requiring proof of vaccination and what you need to know:
1. Nietzsche's, at 248 Allen St, Buffalo, NY 14201, announced it would require proof of vaccination to attend any shows a couple of months ago,
*Effective Friday, September 17th*
Nietzsche's will require all patrons to provide full vaccination proof in order to attend a show. Thank you for your cooperation.
2. Jack Rabbit, located at 1010 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222, announced its vaccine mandate on Facebook,
Starting today, November 23rd, we will be requiring proof of vaccination for everyone. Per Erie County regulations, in order to continue to provide live music with mask-free vocalists, we need to require proof of vax at the door. Because of this, however, masks are encouraged but NOT REQUIRED once inside the building. We love you all and we are working hard to continue to provide a safe and fun environment for everyone.
3. Located at 1110 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222, Mr. Goodbar made the announcement on its Facebook page,
Starting today we will be requiring proof of vaccination to all patrons. As always, masks are encouraged, however customers will not be mandated to wear a mask. Be safe so we can continue Good Times with Good Friends at Goodbar!
4. Misuta Chows announced it will require proof of vaccination on its Facebook page,
Proof of vaccination with identification required upon entry.
5. Town Ballroom is requiring all attendees be vaccinated, although it does give the option of taking a COVID-19 test in lieu of it,
Ticket holders and attendees for *ALL* Town Ballroom shows and events must provide proof of full vaccination as defined by the CDC via physical vaccination card OR New York State’s Excelsior Pass.
Unvaccinated patrons must provide proof of a negative, lab-administered COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Test administered within 48 hours of entry. Home rapid tests will not be accepted.
Get all the details here.
6. The Cove: Seafood & Banquets announced on its Facebook page that it will require proof of vaccination from all patrons,
UPDATE: We will be requiring all patrons to show proof of vaccination & identification upon arrival. Please know that this has not been an easy decision to make, but feel that it is necessary in order to continue operating under the guidelines presented to us. We appreciate your understanding & cooperation.
7. Colter Bay, located at 561 Delaware Ave Buffalo, NY 14202, is requiring proof of vaccination and identification.
8. Buffalo Curling Club requires anyone entering its facilities to be fully vaccinated,
All members and visitors to the Buffalo Curling Club who are 12 years of age and over and medically eligible for vaccination must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter the premises.
Get more details here.
9. Rebel Ride gym, located at 6449 Transit Road East Amherst, NY 14051, is requiring proof of vaccination.
10. Sweat 716 gym is requiring proof of vaccination from members and visitors.
11. Revolution Buffalo gym is requiring proof of vaccination for classes, but masks won't be required.
12. Here's what you need to know to attend shows at KeyBank Center from now on. Based on a directive from the Erie County Department of Health, anyone who plans to attend a show, concert or any other type of event at KeyBank Center will be required to provide proof that they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, per an email. All guests ages 12 and older will need to meet the vaccination requirement. Just one dose will be needed from September 25, 2021, up until October 30. After that, starting on October 31, proof of full vaccination status will need to be provided for entry. Masks will not be required, but are encouraged. Kids under the age of 12-years-old will not be required to be vaccinated but must wear masks.
In order to verify vaccination status, one of the following will be required:
Paper Vaccination Card (No photos of the card will be accepted in place of the physical card), New York State Excelsior Pass, Digital Vaccination Card, Digital Vaccination Card from Outside NYS
13. Kleinhans Music Hall is requiring anyone attending a show must provide proof of vaccination,
Recent trends in the pandemic continue to concern all of us. In alignment with measures taken by other live entertainment operators including Shea’s and the Buffalo Bills, the BPO will now be implementing a full COVID-19 vaccination requirement and continuing our masking policy for all staff, volunteers, performers and audiences at Kleinhans Music Hall.
You can find more info here.
14. Highmark Stadium will begin requiring proof of vaccination for the home game this Sunday, September 26, 2021, against Washington. Proof of at least one dose will be required up until October 31. After Halloween, fans will have to prove they are fully vaccinated,
In compliance with the Erie County Department of Health's directive, all guests age 12 and older will be required to provide proof of at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccination to attend Bills games at Highmark Stadium until October 31st, at which point guests will be required to provide proof of complete vaccination. Guests age 12 and older will no longer need to wear masks due to the vaccination requirements. Guests under 12 will not be required to have received a COVID-19 vaccination but will be required to wear a mask at all times while at Highmark Stadium.
15. Starting on October 28, anyone who wants to attend a show at Shea's, Shea’s 710, and Shea’s Smith Theatres will need to prove they have been fully vaccinated,
Patrons are considered fully vaccinated at least 14 days after their final dose of a Pfizer, Moderna, or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Patrons attending the October 10-16 run of TOOTSIE at Shea’s Buffalo Theatre will be permitted to enter with proof of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccination.
16. Erie Community College students must prove that they are vaccinated.
17. In compliance with the SUNY and CUNY vaccine mandate, Buffalo State students must be vaccinated,
As of August 23, the SUNY mandate that all students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is in effect. Buffalo State College strongly supports and will enforce this student mandate.
However, as of now, it doesn't list any proof of vaccination requirement for visitors attending sporting or cultural events. It only specifies that masks will be required for indoor events.
18. Any University at Buffalo student who lives on campus or who wants to attend in-person classes must be vaccinated. UB's mandate doesn't stop with students. Anyone who wants to attend a sporting or cultural event on campus must show proof as well,
Starting Oct. 1, UB will require proof that spectators are vaccinated against COVID-19 to be allowed into football games at UB Stadium and men’s and women’s basketball games at Alumni Arena, as well as public cultural events at Slee Hall, the Center for the Arts and Alumni Arena.
19. All spectators of Canisius College must show proof of vaccination to attend intercollegiate athletic events. The new policy takes place Monday, Oct. 4. Proof of vaccination will be required at home games on campus, at the ECC Burt Flickinger Center pool, at LECOM HarborCenter, and at KeyBank Center. You can get more info here.
If you are looking to get vaccinated, the Erie County Department of Health has info here. You can also get vaccinated in the privacy of your home by calling Call (716) 858-2929 to make an appointment. It's free for Erie County residents who are age five and older.