Nestle Toll House To Sell Safe To Eat Cookie Dough
You've heard the warnings in the past, for me it was my mom, when I asked to have some raw cookie dough when she was baking cookies...it's bad for you; it can make you sick (salmonella).
The health concerns are still out there but there have been places lately selling edible cookie dough and now, Nestle Toll House has developed an edible cookie dough that is safe to eat!
According to WIVB, this new Nestle Toll House edible cookie dough is designed to be eaten straight from the tub, with no cooking required.
The new product will be sold in two flavors; chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip monster.
The cookie dough sells for about $5.50 a container, about twice as much as the regular cookie dough that is meant for baking. Currently, it is being sold in Publix stores and later southeast area Walmarts. The plan is to release them to local grocery stores, later this summer.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has stated that eating uncooked dough can cause illness, with raw eggs tied to salmonella and raw flour connected to E. coli infections.
This version however is safe to eat!