Perfect Fall Plans For Country Fans This Weekend (9/18-9/20)
It's been so long since we've been able to make plans for the weekend. If you're looking to make a plan, look no further. We've got you covered right here.
If you love country music and everything Western New York, we've got you covered with things to do from the minute you get out of work, until you have to go back in on Monday. This list isn't going to be for everyone...but hey, this sounds perfect to us!
- First things first if you're looking for live music, the Big Indian Drive In is holding it's Big Indian Country Shindig this weekend. It'll feature Nashville Recording Artist Eric Van Houten, Christian Kramer and The Backwoods Revival, and one of our very first Taste of Country Risers - Kate Mallen. A carload will cost $60 and gates open at 4:30pm. All COVID-19 protocol will be observed so bring your mask and be prepared to be socially distant from other carloads. But it's live music...
- Get up and go apple picking. Lots of orchards are opening up. Be sure to call ahead and see if they've got the specific type of apple that you like in season.
- Try to complete the Buffalonian Challenge at The Globe in East Aurora. Never heard of it? Check out everything you'll have to eat here.
- After that is over, head back home and get ready to have a fire. Call a couple friends over (less than 50 still, of course) and get some beverages. The weather should be a little on the cool side in the evening, but perfect for a fall fire in the backyard. It's outdoors so you should have plenty of space to stay 6 feet away from everyone.
- Time to get up early again. You're going to want to get some soup or chilli in the crockpot. Again, it's going to be a perfect fall day. Sunshine and temps in the upper 50's or lower 60's.
- Then get started on your Tre'Venture. If you haven't heard about this, it's a free treasure hunt that could win you up to $750 in prizes. Fill the tank and get ready to explore Erie County!
- The game starts at 1 if you're a football fan as the Bills try to squish the fish in Miami. Oh...don't forget to get signed up for the Ultimate Bills Tailgate Package. Sign up for that here.
- If you're not a football fan, you might want to de-summer on Sunday. Put those air conditioners away, get the patio furniture squared away and maybe do the lawn mower/snow blower dosey-do. Nobody wants to do it, but it's better to get it done on a nice day than when it's already snowing out.
- Set your alarm for Monday morning to start your day with Clay & Company. Weekends go fast, but when you pack them full of fun stuff, they feel so much better.
Or...you could just try to binge The Office all weekend long...
How long it takes to binge 'The Office,' 'Game of Thrones,' and 50 other famous TV shows