Skyway Construction Begins Again
If you take Route 5 in to the city, here come the delays!
The construction 2.0 phase of the Skyway began Friday 3/15!
... at approximately 9:00 a.m., temporary traffic signals will be activated on Fuhrmann Boulevard between Scott Street and Ohio Street, and at the intersection of Louisiana Street and Scott Street. The signals will be in flash mode for one week, and will be switched to three-color operation on March 29.
On Friday, March 29, the Interstate 190 southbound ramp to NY Route 5 westbound will be closed until further notice, and the westbound (outbound) lanes of the Buffalo Skyway between Interstate 190 and Ohio Street, will be closed. Motorists will begin utilizing the eastbound (inbound) lanes for both inbound and outbound traffic under the following schedule:
- 5:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. weekdays, Buffalo Skyway open to inbound (eastbound) traffic only.
- 11:00 a.m. until noon weekdays, Buffalo Skyway closed to all traffic.
- Noon until 3:00 a.m. the following day, weekdays, Buffalo Skyway open to outbound (westbound) traffic only.
- 3:00 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. weekdays, Buffalo Skyway closed to all traffic.
- Saturdays and Sundays, Buffalo Skyway open to outbound (westbound) traffic only
This was especially frustrating for those of us who leave work midday. Be ready for some added delays if you travel Ohio Street during the summer when the lift bridge has top be operated. It can take a long time for the bridge to go up and down as boats move underneath.