This Friday Is The Last Day To Register To Vote In New York State
If you are planning or want to vote in this year's election, you will be to make sure you are registered to vote. If you will be voting in New York State, this Friday is the last day to register.
The deadline to register to vote in New York State is Friday, October 9th at midnight. You can register to vote, several different ways.
According to the New York State website you can register by:
- You can register in person at your county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
- You may also submit your voter application form at the Department of Motor Vehicles, either in person or on their web site if you already have DMV-issued identification.
- You can request a New York State Voter Registration form by mail by entering your name directly into our mailing list database.
- You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
You may also register to vote online in New York as well.
In order to quailfy to register to vote, you will need to meet certain minum requirements.
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18);
- resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship);
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere
Early voting in New York State will start on October 24th and the general election for those that want to vote in person is on Tuesday November 3rd.
If you want to vote by absentee in New York State, you can see the guidelines HERE
The Best Places To Live In Western New York