WARNING: Don’t Use Your GPS Tonight To Get To The Bills Game
Bills fans knew that parking around Highmark Stadium was going to be a lot different this season due to the construction of the new stadium, but holy cow. Less available parking around the stadium has consistently led to long lines of traffic and lots of headaches during home games.
The Buffalo Bills are trying to get ahead of potential traffic problems for tonight’s game against the Denver Broncos, and want to warn fans about a hiccup that could cause a major delay in your game-day travel.
To avoid becoming overwhelmed with confusion and stress trying to get to your parking spot near the stadium, it’s important to avoid one major thing on your way to Orchard Park tonight - your GPS.
IMPORTANT: Don’t Use GPS To Get To The Bills Game
In an email to their staff earlier this season, the Buffalo Bills warned against using your phone or car’s GPS on the way to Highmark Stadium.
The reason why is due to the fact that the majority of GPS apps and devices will direct you to Abbot Road to get to Highmark Stadium, but because a large portion of Abbott is closed for several hours before kickoff, drivers who follow the GPS directions will most likely be rerouted.
To avoid long arrival delays and frustrating traffic, the Bills are recommended drivers ditch the GPS and use the following routes instead to get to their prospective parking lots:
Use These Alternate Routes To Highmark Stadium Tonight
- Approach from the south side of the stadium via Big Tree Road westbound
- Turn onto Fieldhouse Drive
- Approach from the south side of the stadium via Big Tree Road eastbound
- Turn onto Erie College Drive, which will lead to the lot entrance.
- Approach from the south side of the stadium via Abbott Road northbound
- Lot entrance is on the left
- Approach from the north side of the stadium via Abbott Road southbound
- Turn onto Football Drive
- Approach from the north side of the stadium via Southwestern Boulevard
- Turn onto Touchdown Drive
- Approach from the north side of the stadium via Southwestern Boulevard westbound
- Turn onto Stadium Drive
Although there’s bound to be lots of traffic around Highmark Stadium regardless of whether you use a GPS or not, hopefully these directions can get you to your tailgate quicker and easier than you would if you had to turn around and find another way.
One Sentence That Will Immediately Enrage Buffalo Bills Fans [LIST]
Gallery Credit: Megan Carter
12 Unwritten Rules For The 12th Man At Highmark Stadium
Gallery Credit: Brett Alan