The Best April Fools posts of 2022
April Fools Day is here, or as a wise internet pundit once called it, Idiot's Christmas.
There is great debate as to when the tradition of April Fool's Day started. Some historians point to the ancient Roman festival of "Hilaria". It was a day when people would dress up in disguises and imitate others. Others say that it originated when New Year's Day was celebrated on March 25th in most cities in Europe during the Middle ages. While other cities recognized the traditional January 1st date. So, those who celebrated New Year's Day on January 1st made fun of those who celebrated on other dates by the invention of April Fools' Day.
Either way, the holiday has morphed into a day of playing harmless pranks on others and has been a constant around the world ever since.
And with the advent of the internet and social media, the holiday has gone to a whole new level. So, we opened our phones this morning and scrolled with cautious optimism to find the best pranks we could here in Western New York, and around the globe.
1. Visit Buffalo Niagara professes their Love of RANCH!: We were shocked when we first saw this....They got us good.
2. The Buffalo Science Museum announces their new exhibit - Drums vs. Flats: In all honesty, we would buy a ticket to this.
3. Pesci's Pizza & Wings announce their Jelly Pizza Donuts: Peperroni donuts yes...jelly pizza, no.
4. Career Builder - Now Hiring - Cat Hurder: Where do we apply?
5. Deliveroo Bans Pineapple on Pizza: We will admit, we don't hate pineapple on pizza
6. Lego Announces Life-Sized Lego Figures: NEED!
7. Walkers announces bread-shaped potato chips: This is actually a pretty good idea, one chip covers the whole sandwich. Brilliant!