Buffalo Police: “Fentanyl Candy” Social Media Post is Inaccurate
It's the day after Halloween, which means that many kids are enjoying their Halloween candy after trick-or-treating last night in the City of Buffalo and around Western New York.
You may or may not be aware of a popular social media post over the last 12 hours, that reported that three Buffalo children died as a result of eating fentanyl-laced candy on Halloween night.
The Buffalo Police Department tweeted on Tuesday morning that the social media post is inaccurate and no children have died as a result of ingesting fentanyl-laced Halloween candy.
They added that the Buffalo Police and Fire Departments have no such reported incidents at this time.
It should go without saying, but always be sure to check your child's Halloween candy after trick-or-treating and never eat candy that has been opened or torn; always throw those pieces away if you find any in your child's Halloween bag.
It's unfortunate that parents have this worry for what should be a fun and innocent holiday. It's bad enough to have that worry, not to mention an inaccurate social media post like this one to add unnecessary panic.