Two Western New York Towns Named Cheapest Place To Live
As more people are working from home or remotely, people are looking for cheaper places to live to save some money.
If you are one of the thousands of people that have the opportunity to work remotely and are looking for a cheaper place to live in New York here are 10 of the cheapest places to rent according to Rent.com.
10. Fairport, New York - On average the cost of renting a one-bedroom apartment is around $1000.
9. Farmington, New York - Located between Rochester and Canandaigua and the average cost of a one-bedroom apartment is around $950.
8. Tully, New York - The average rent hasn't changed over the past year. The average one-bedroom cost is around $944.
7. Liverpool, New York - Located just outside Syracuse, Liverpool has an average cost of living that is over 10% cheaper than the national average.
6. Cheektowaga, New York - Currently 6th on the Top 10 list but they could move up next year as the average cost of rent has been dropping every year.
5. Hamburg, New York - The average cost of a one-bedroom apartment is around $850 and that price had dropped since last year.
4. Potsdam, New York - Located in upstate New York, Potsdam is home to a SUNY school and offers a one-bedroom apartment for around $800
3. Glen Falls, New York - Known as "Hometown USA", you can find a one-bedroom apartment for under $800.
2. Elmira, New York - There was a slight increase in the average rent from 2021 but at an average of around $775 for a one-bedroom apartment, Elmira remains a very cheap place to live.
1. Carthage, New York - Landing at the top spot for the cheapest place to live in New York, Carthage's average of a one-bedroom is around $655 per month.
While a lot of these numbers will rise over the next couple of years these places are perfect for people who are looking to save some money on rent.