Did WNY Make the List of the Best Colleges and Universities?
WalletHub has released its latest rankings of the nation's Colleges and Universities. The financial website compared 1,000 colleges and universities across the country to determine the best performing schools at the best possible price.
WalletHub used 26 variables comparing such things as Student Selectivity, Cost & Financing, Career Outcomes and student-faculty ratio to graduation rate.
They also asked experts a number of questions including:
- Are Ivy League and other “name-brand” schools worth the high sticker price?
- What type of universities do you think provide the best return on investment?
- Should college be tuition-free? How else can colleges become more affordable?
- What are the best ways to graduate with minimal debt and great job prospects?
How did the area colleges and universities do? On a list of the Top 500 Colleges and Universities in the country SUNY Geneseo came in at #113.
Others on the list;
- #125 SUNY Buffalo
- #280 Canisius College
- #293 Houghton College
- #299 St. Bonaventure University
- #345 SUNY Fredonia
- #365 Alfred University
- #435 Niagara University
What was determined to be tops on the list? Even with the relatively high cost to attend, Massachusetts Institute of Technology was number one. Here's the complete report