What To Enjoy This Weekend At The Hamburg Festival Of Lights
There’s only three weekends left to experience one of Western New York’s most popular holiday events.
During the holiday season, there’s nothing better than getting a big boost of Christmas spirit with a beautiful, dazzling display of holiday lights. You could find some amazing lights decorating homes throughout the Buffalo area, but there’s something about seeing row after row of enormous, bright holiday lights up close and in-person that doesn’t compare to your typical Christmas decorations. There’s nothing like it; and photos never seem to do them justice.
That’s why the Hamburg Fairgrounds’ Festival Of Lights attracts thousands of visitors every year from Western New York and beyond. with their enormous and elaborate displays filled with brilliant, twinkling lights.
Festival Of Lights Is Back This Weekend At The Hamburg Fairgrounds
You still have this upcoming weekend to pile the family in the car to check it out, along with December 8th through 10th and December 15th through 23rd. Tickets can be purchased online at the Festival Of Lights website.
If you’re planning a trip to see the jaw-dropping lights of the festival this weekend, they’ll have tons for you to see and do. Here’s what’s on the agenda this weekend, December 1st through 3rd, at the Festival of Lights at the Hamburg Fairgrounds.
Hamburg Fairground Festival Of Lights Week 2 Highlights
Full Experience Nights
For $30 per car + fees, visitors can drive through the lights displays and then enjoy the fairground’s walk around attractions, including:
- The North Pole Experience (featuring visits with Santa and a train display from the Western New York Garden & Railway Society)
- Santa’s Christmas Express train ride
- Illuminated Pixel Show
- Frosty’s Dance Party
- Letters to Santa
- Letters to Veterans/Troops
- Kids crafts
- Cookie decorating
- Santa’s Barnyard
- Santa’s Magical Midway kiddie rides
- Family scavenger hunt
Keep in mind that many of the attractions are outdoors, so dress accordingly.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, magician Sean Doolan will perform in the Expo Hall at 6:30, 7:15 and 9:30pm.
- Crazy Christine Balloons will be live each night at 8pm, twisting up balloon sculptures and hilariously interacting with the crowd.
Food & Beverages At The Festival Of Lights
- Grab Fair favorites like fried dough, Oreos and Twinkies, kettle corn, and donuts. For a heartier option, they’ll also be serving homemade chili, macaroni and cheese, pizza, chicken fingers and nachos.
- Enjoy an alcoholic beverages at “Frosted” Grapes & Hops wine and beer garden, including a limited run “Starlit Porter” brewed by Hamburg Brewing, hot cider with cinnamon whiskey, hot coffee with Irish cream, a peppermint hot chocolate wine slushie and a Loganberry wine slushie.
Holiday Shopping At The Hamburg Fairgrounds
Vendors in the Expo Hall and outdoor chalets include:
- AT Home Creations
- Belov’d Creations,
- Crafts by Sandy
- Essentially Well-Oiled
- KD Custom Boutique
- Nickel City Designs
- Tupperware Lady
- Sew Fluffy Kitties
- Retro Buffalo
- Kelly’s Country Store
- Smokin’ Oak
- We R Nuts
Give Back This Weekend At The Festival Of Lights
In true “City Of Good Neighbors” spirit, get into the spirit of giving this holiday season at the Fairgrounds.
- Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the drive thru gate from November 24th to December 17th to support the News Neediest Fund.
- Write holiday letters to local veterans in the Winter Wonderland Workshop that will be distributed by WNY Heroes.
Happy Holidays, and have fun!
31 Things That People Who Love Christmas Do In WNY Every Year
Gallery Credit: Brett Alan