Hosting Thanksgiving? Better Do These Things This Weekend
There are two types of Thanksgiving hosts. Ones who have done it for many years, and ones who are doing it for the first time ever.
If you are the second kind, you might want to make sure you go through this list this weekend to get ready.
1. Make room in your fridge - You're going to need to thaw your bird. That will take some room. Plus, you're going to need to prep some food for the big meal and you'll need room for that too!
2. Thaw your turkey - If you got a fresh turkey, obviously you can skip this step. But if it's already frozen, you're going to need 1 day in the fridge per 4-5 pounds.
3. Check your pantry - Do an inventory of what you have and what you don't.
4. Plan out what pots/pans/dishes you're going to need - This would be the time to ask your mom to borrow her stock pot or her roasting pan. Don't wait.
5. Grocery Shop - Yup...the stores are going to be packed, but now is the time to get what you need. It's going to get worse as the date gets closer.
6. Prep - Prep the veggies for the veggie tray, cut the cheeses for the cheese tray. Prepare as much as you can now to make the day of a little easier so you get to enjoy the day too!
7. Clean your house - If you do the heavy part of the cleaning this weekend, by the time Thanksgiving actually rolls around, it just be just vacuuming and picking up little things.