Meet Dave Fields’ Cat Stamp On National Pet Day
Today is National Pet Day and if you are anything like me, you treat your pet(s) as one of the family.
Drive Home With Dave Fields Every Afternoon from 3-7pm on 106.5 WYRK
I grew up with a dog named Stoney but became a cat guy after I started dating my wife in college. She had an amazing cat named Jazzman who used to follow us around when we walked on campus at SUNY Brockport.
From then on, I have always been a cat guy. They are easy to take care of, when they want love they come get it, and how can you not love their fuzzy little faces.
Right now we have an amazing cat that we adopted from the Humane Society when we lived in Panama City Beach. I am sure you have heard me mention Stamp a time or two and if you follow me on social media, I know for sure that you have seen pictures of her.
Here are 5 things you should know about Stamp:
1. She is a girl...yes she looks like a boy and one vet said that cats that look like her are 95% boys but she is a female!
2. She got her name from where she was found. We adopted Stamp from the Humane Society in Panama City Beach, Florida. They gave her the name Stamp after a postal worker found her in a mailbox and turned her in.
3. Most likely she has lived in more states than you. Since we adopted her in 2015, Stamp has lived in Florida, Indiana, and now in New York.
4. Her favorite thing to do is chew on wooden spoons. We are not sure why she likes to chew on them, maybe she is part dog, but if you leave a wooden spoon out chances are she will be nibbling on it at some point.
5. She doesn't like other cats...she is a loner when it comes to other cats, but actually goes over to our neighbor's window to look at their dog Darcy. Maybe she is part dog!
Today is a day to love on your pet so make sure to go home and snuggle them all day long!